LapDog

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Hanging Art

So, since yesterday I have been trying to come up with something to review, or even just something to share. Having been completely bereft of ideas, I have decided to go with hanging art. It perhaps doesn't sound all that exciting, really like nothing more than pounding in a nail and then putting the picture up and standing back to make sure that it is straight. But after purchasing some art, and making Chris hang it due to my complete indecision ( it really was too small for the space) I have been tortured by it for months... Finally, after watching a few designing shows on TV (not changing spaces by the way) I figured out what was wrong, it was hung much too high! Apparently hanging art to high is an epidemic. Yes, according to the TV experts, most art is hung much too high! Their advice? Figure out where you would naturally hang the art, and then lower it by six inches. (A different expert said something about chest high for a 5 foot 10 inch man). Anyhow, after contemplating for days, I decided to do something about it and lowered my art. suprisingly I am feeling much better about it. (although I might have gone with more like eight inches...)

Now I am just waiting for the episode about exactly how to do a mismatched photo wall with different pictures and frames in different heights etc and make it look stunning...